Grrr... I had such plans, such dreams...I'd blog at least every two weeks, once a week if I could pull it off. Pfffttt! (That is how you spell that sound of every dream going up in smoke, right?) Here it is the 32nd day of school, the 8th week and I am just getting back to my blog. Oh well, I might as well be honest and tell you that the start to the year was not nearly as smooth as I would have liked. Bumps and false starts, warts and all, but it is getting better. Everyday I'm reminded that I may have 25 years of experience, but 17 four-year-olds can teach me new tricks and I better get with it!
So, we are in to FALL and APPLES and FARMS and PUMPKINS. Two weeks ago we spent a beautiful Friday at Carter Mountain Orchard. We went to apple school, went on a hayride, ate apple donuts and drank apple cider and finally picked apples. Then the next week we made applesauce and mini apple pies with our own little apples and apple pickin' hands! If you don't own an APPLE PEELER, CORER, SLICER, make the investment! Not only does it make your cooking projects easier, the kids love using the little machine, with supervision.


This Friday?
The Farm!
Look out animals, here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment