It's that time of year again. I dream of school on a nightly basis. Will I be on time? Will all of the neat, cool, exciting things I planned all summer work? Will I remember them? I shudder.
I've been in the classroom now for a couple of weeks. I'm trying some different things. Opening the classroom up, no more nooks and crannies. I'm purging. I've been teaching for 25 years now and I'm actually thinking about retiring in 10 years, so I'm sharing stuff, even furniture, I've held on to for years. Seeing the things I love get a new life in a new teacher's classroom has been really nice. It feels good. I like to feel good! I'm no longer worried about table space or chairs for each of my 17 students, we have floors and many "fun" chairs. Things are gonna change. Fewer "rules" more figuring it out together. More enjoyment of the moment and each other. Criss-Cross-Applesauce hurts your legs? Mine too! Sit comfortably, wiggle if you need to, just respect your neighbor and your classmates.
Oh yeah, I'm ready for you. Are you ready for me?!
No comments:
Post a Comment